Working Remotely - COVID-19 Principles
Updated: Apr 29, 2020
Did you have a chance to listen to episode 15 of Redefine U featuring Assistant Dean Phil Terry-Smith, Ph.D.? It was a great episode that discusses the importance of caring for ourselves to develop greater resilience.
Below are a few important points Terry-Smith makes in regard to working remotely:
1. You are not "Working from home," you are "At your home, during a crisis, trying to work."
2. Your personal, physical, mental and emotional health is far more important than anything else right now.
3. You should not try to compensate for lost productivity by working longer hours.
4. You will be kind to yourself and not judge how you are coping based on how you see others coping.
5. You will be kind of others and not judge how they are coping based on how you are coping.
6. Your team's success will not be measured the same way it was when things were normal.
Need to keep these points as a helpful reminder? Save the picture above and keep it handy while we are at home, during a crisis, trying to work.
We've got this!